- Wrye Bash
- TES4 Edit
- TES4 Gecko
- TES4 Construction Set
- Construction Set Extender
- Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM)
- Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE)
- Better Oblivion Sorting Software (BOSS)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Gimp 2.0
- BSA Commander
- Shazzam Shader Editor
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express C++ 2008/2010
Credits, Thanks, and Kudos
First of all, there are SO many people that deserve thanks and kudos, I have undoubtedly forgotten some. For that I apologize. If you feel I have left out your name in error, please let me know.
For creating Oblivion, and wasting a hell-of-a-lot-of-my-time.
An uber personal thanks to JRoush who disassembled the actual Oblivion.exe and provided me with the initial .dll plug-in that could hook the detection formula as well as some great advice on how to approach the project. If you get a chance, check out these mods which were really helpful in the early development of SDR:
Kyoma pitched in and added a couple of great features to the SDR OBSE plug-in. One allows you to capture the exact detection value without re-triggering the detection, and the other automatically kills all detection by someone who is dead.
The OBSE / CS Wiki Team
Their contributions to the modding community deserve no end of thanks. I'd especially like to thank Scruggsy, Ianpatt and DragoonWraith for helping me learn to tweak the new Sneaking Detection Recalibrated OBSE plug-in.
A big hats off to ShadeMe for his Construction Set Extender, Runtime Script Profiler, the new OBSE, and various programming tips and expertise. I mean, seriously, it's totally ridiculous how valuable he's been.
Super thanks to Alenet for handing me the last piece of the puzzle that allowed me to port the entire detection formula out of the scripts and into the plugin for series 9. w00t!
The one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
Codes, Ideas, and Under-the-hood
I'd like to thank the following folks who personally allowed me to borrow ideas and coding from their mods:
- Haarvest & SkyCaptain for NPC fading while sneaking features from Sniper Sneak Skillup and Deadlier Sneaking mods.
- Deathless Aphrodite for running / sprinting features from Running Revised
- Abo for sprinting fatigue ideas from Realistic Fatigue
- Scanti, for the Night-Eye Shader Switcher OBSE plug-in
- Kuertee, for code from Detect life effect and Night-eye shader
- Migck, for creating and donating the code for the Night-Eye / Detect Life magic detection assignment and casting features in the SDR NPC Behavior.esp
- Strategy Master, for allowing me to adapt the code from SM Combat Hide
- Pacific Morrowind, for allowing me to adapt the code from Sneaky Summons
- Reneer, for allowing me to create a patch for Reneer's Guard Overhaul
- Andalay Bay, for letting me borrow some code from Oblivion XP that fixes the poison kill bug.
- Gep5 for providing some additional code for trapping land surface types that the player is walking on as well as figuring out when an actor is wading through water.
Thanks to the modders that helped me set up cross compatibility with their mods, and their input in general:
- The Nice One : Real Sleep Extended
- Sir Frederik / Andalay Bay : Oblivion XP (Update)
- tejon : Bare Necessities
- pimpskinny : Druid Mod Remade
- Maskar : Basic Primary Needs
Mods That Inspired
A special thanks to the modders/mods that inspired me to take a stab at this (pun intended):
- cabledevin : Sneak Attack Multipliers
- JOG : Stealth Overhaul
- Phitt : Sneak Penalties
- Haldar : Haldars Mod Pack
- Reneer : Reneers NPC Sneak Mod
Series 8 Alpha Tester Extraordinaire
A big giant hat tip and nod of appreciation to the folks that took time to beta-testing the various pre-release versions, as well as their contributions to the thread.
- maura amalia
I'd like to thank the following for their feedback, suggestions, and contributions to the SDR public forum threads and/or advice in the OBSE / CSE forums when I ran into some tight programming spots.
- Peter ID
- Princess Bridget